Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I would like to wish all of you a bright and beautiful new year.

Time has gone by quickly…can hardly believe it has been 5 years! As a daily painter, I paint every day, 7 days a week, a minimum of one painting a day. In earlier years, I even painted 2 or 3 paintings a day. I thought it would get easier as time went by. To my surprise, I found it has become more difficult.

Embarking on my sixth year, with great hopes to find the growth in my craftsmanship and to tell a story with my brush, I endeavor to evoke emotions in my characters and embrace the moment as thought I’ve been there, done that. It is like a Haiku with few words that parallel the simplicity of my brushwork…a tight composition with the concept of “less is more”. My goal has not been to “enlarge” or “paint what I see”, but rather to “paint what I want to see”.

Through the years I have declined commission work for the simple reason that I cannot work on command. It is simply too much like work! I can only paint what I feel, or see. This does not always translate into what you might feel and see in a beloved subject. There are other painters that can do this well. I am not one of them. I do wish to take this opportunity to thank all for your continuing support for the art I create. Without you I could not have made it this far. I do promise to continue to hone my craft and with luck, you will enjoy and approve of my progress.

Again, as always, with deepest gratitude and warm regards. ~K




1 comment:

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

Happy New Year to you, Kim! Wishing you all the best in 2012! Gaye

"Flowers at Mission Espada" San Antotio 8x10in oil/linen/foam-board.

 "Flowers at Mission Espada" San Antonio, TX "8x10in" oil/linen/foam-board Click here for eBay purchase "Flowers At...